WE TAKE THE STRESS OUT OF BEGINNING THE HOME BUYING PROCESS
We are here to guide and protect you… and astound you with our client service. Two things you will notice right from the start with the WLT team: our depth of knowledge and our organized process. Both are critical to helping you successfully purchase your home.
We divide our process into three steps:
STEP 1 – YOUR BUYER PROFILE AND SOME IMPORTANT PAPERWORK
- INITIAL CONSULTATION – We start by developing your buyer profile: your wants, needs, price point, and constraints. We also review your homebuyer’s consultation questionnaire with you to create our initial framework for selecting ideal listings. The open lines of communication begin here, right from the start.
- MORTGAGE PRE-APPROVAL – We begin the process of getting mortgage pre-approval with the lender of your choice. This streamlines the buying process once you find a home that you want to make a bid on.
- REBNY FINANCIAL STATEMENT – This statement of net worth is required of all buyers by the Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY). Listing agents and sellers use the statement to evaluate potential buyers’ financial strength.
STEP 2 – DEVELOPING YOUR PROSPECTIVE LISTINGS
- IN-DEPTH DISCUSSION – It’s here where we go into more detail about what your ideal home looks like—location, size, amenities, and anything else that may affect your purchase decision.
- SELECTING LISTINGS – We reconcile your wish list with the pre-approved mortgage amount. Then we zero in on the listings that best meet your criteria within your price range. Together, we’ll discuss which listings are most attractive and worth touring.
- VIEWINGS – Our team sets up appointments to tour each listing. We’ll always accompany you on these viewings and listen carefully to your feedback. Then, we’ll follow up promptly with the listing agent to address any of your questions or concerns.
STEP 3 – CLOSING IN
- THAT’S THE ONE! – You know when you’ve found the right property for you. And when you have, we’ll guide you through the offer, negotiation, and closing processes.
- REFINING THE SEARCH – The market is fluid, with new listings appearing almost every day. We’ll constantly monitor the market and refine our searches, thinking creatively and accessing our extensive network. We’ll work with you until you find the perfect home.
CONTACT THE WILKINSON LEFEVRE TEAM TODAY